|HNU photoionizers: The pinnacle of performance and reliability for detecting VOCs|
The Model 102+ is a considerably upgraded replacement for our Model PI101, HW101, DL101, 101N, and ISPI101 (analyzer group photo above). It has enhanced features such as a faster response time, extended range, elimination of any moisture sensitivity, capability of having up to 4 sensors plus a ppb range, and improvements such as a library of compounds, pump and datalogging.
- The Model 102 Snap-On PID™ Photoionization Analyzer is a single piece, hand-held unit for the measurement of organic and inorganic species that can be ionized by the UV lamp (9.5, 10.6 & 11.7).
General ApplicationsAgriculture: Fumigant residues
Arson Investigations: Residual accelerants
Chemical Clean-up: Hazardous materials (organic/inorganic)
Chemicals: Toxic gases, vapors
Electronics: Doping gases, trichloroethylene
Environmental: Surveys, hazardous waste, fugitive emissions
Food & Feed Processing: Hexane residues, leaks
Glass reinforced plastics: Styrene w/o methyl methacrylate interference
Headspace: Hydrocarbons in soil and water
Industrial Hygiene: Workplace monitoring, surveys, leak detection
Toxicology Research: Toxicology, chamber monitoring
Machine: Degreasing solvents
Nylon Manufacturing: Carbon disulfide without H2S interference
Packaging: Residual solvents, monomers
Paper & Pulp: Reduced sulfur compounds
Paper Coating: Solvents
Medical/Hospital: Ethylene Oxide, formaldehyde, anesthetic gases
Pipe Manufacturing: Coating solvents
Plastics: Monomer leaks, residues
Printing: Toluene, other ink solvents
Refineries: Aromatics, sulfur compounds, fugitive emissions
Semiconductor: Arsine, phosphine, hydrogen sulfide, boron, tribromide
Textile: Dimethyl formamide leaks, benzene vapors
- Species measured:
- Organics (VOCs) and inorganic species that can be ionized by the UV lamp (9.5, 10.6, 11.7)
- PID + optional ppb range, optional 1-3 additional sensors can be added
- +/- 1% of reading
- Response time:
- <1 90="90" font="font" response="response" sec.="sec." to="to">1>
- Sample flow rate:
- > 0.2 LPM
- Span Drift:
- <2 24="24" font="font" hours="hours" over="over">2>
- 0.1 to 3000 or to 30,000 ppm with dilution probe
- Linear Range:
- To 3,000 ppm direct reading
- Power consumption:
- < 1 watt maximum
- 10'' L x 3'' W x 2.25'' D
- 1.9 pounds Instrument operating conditions:
- 5-40 degrees C, 0-95% RH (non-condensing)
- Isobutylene Referred
- Battery operated: - > 10 hours of operation
- Snap on Heads
- Unique Snap on Heads are available only from PID. For the model 102, the lamps are in Snap on Heads that are optimized for each lamp. The readout unit recognizes the head type and calibration factors when the heads are interchanged.
- Optional ppb range for PID, capable of adding 1-3 optional sensors such as 30+ Electrochemical sensors, IR (4) or Thermal Conductivity Detector or Combustible Gas (CG).
- Our 11.7 lamp is the only stable one available as a result of our development of the first 11.7 eV lamp nearly 30 years ago. Our 10.2/10.6 eV lamps remain the best in the business since we developed them over 30 years ago.
- Headspace Software
- The accuracy of VOC measurements in soil and water is greatly improved with the built in software method. No operator interpolation is required.
- Single piece construction
- The single piece construction (when the head and readout units are snapped together) of ABS plastic is very rugged and durable
- Ease of calibration
- The two point calibration for the PID uses an electronic zero (no zero gas needed) and a span gas. The time to calibrate is about 10 seconds. The Cal button is located on the main menu for ease of use. Jack Driscoll leads the user through the simple calibration procedure.
- Manual or automatic datalogging (7,000 points) is available. The 102 has a built in real time clock. Viewer software (Windows 98-XP compatible) comes with the 102
- There are libraries for the 9.5, 10.7 and 11,7 lamps that are easily accessible. There are more than 300 response factors built into the 102
- Our 2 line by 16 character display can be backlit. The upper display and the bottom display provides the Lamp eV, units, alarm and logging mode.
- Our 16 bit ADC provides a resolution of 1 part in 64,000 and our signal algorithm minimizes noise by signal averaging in the msec range
- Programmable Voltage output
Stay up to date with us and *like* us on Facebook